Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Scientists
The four winners of Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Scientists are recognized and celebrated at the award ceremony in Stockholm. It is set in the exclusive Hall of Mirrors at the Grand Hotel – the original venue of the Nobel prize banquet (1901- 1929). At the event, they will meet with e.g. leading researchers, representatives from sponsoring organizations and fellow award-winning young scientists.
The winners will partake in a series of scientific events, including a symposium coordinated by SciLifeLab. Presentations by the awardees are complemented with a lecture by the editor-in-chief of Science magazine. In addition, SciLifeLab will offer a tour of its facilities and give the prize winners an opportunity to learn more about this national center and its
technological facilities for high-throughput molecular biosciences.
The social program includes e.g. a dinner hosted by Science/AAAS, where the winners of Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Scientists – and their plus-ones – get to interact with each others, with editors of Science magazine, as well as with the management of SciLifeLab. Each winner may also bring a guest to stay at the hotel and participate in all the events (conditions apply).
Event week in bullets – subject to change
- Day 1 – Arrivals, check in to Grand Hotel. Swedish Christmas Buffet hosted by Science.
- Day 2 – Visit to SciLifeLab Stockholm, meet with Center Director Prof. Kallioniemi. Presentations of research and instrumentation at SciLifeLab. (Possibly: Nobel Prize activities – subject to availability.)
- Day 3 – Visit to SciLifeLab Uppsala. Luncheon with University Rector. Presentations of research and instrumentation at SciLifeLab. Meetings with Uppsala researchers. Winner presentations for Swedish High School students.
- Day 4 – Grand Symposium in Aula Medica, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm.
- Day 5 – Meetings with researchers, time to explore Stockholm. Science & SciLifeLab Prize Banquet at Grand Hotel Hall of Mirrors.
- Day 6 – Breakfast with evaluation. Departures.